Click the images for more information.
I was a visualization research assistant at the Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute. I created visualizations and prototypes and brought old visualization tools up to date. I attended weekly meetings where we discussed interesting research in the field of visualization. I have created prototypes for a weather uncertainty visualization and a comparison of gene sets. I spent a few months updating Mizbee.
Two summers ago, I interned at Studio. I was the Android programmer, and I did a variety of things. I fixed a bunch of errors from the previous version, I brought the app more closely in line with the iOS version, and I fixed some of the features to match the specifications given to us by the Google Play store. At the end of the summer, we released version 1.5 of the app.
Last summer, I taught kids Processing at GREAT Camp. We had three week-long camps: Basic Processing, Advanced Processing, and Belly Bugs, where we had some biologists come in in the morning and teach about microbes, and assigned related programming projects in the afternoon. I had to help decide what to teach and how, present the material to the kids, and help them resolve any issues they ran into. I wrote example code for the planned projects and helped some of the more advanced kids figure out how to finish their own projects.